How to earn CMTE credits with
Resilience Over Burnout: A Self-Care Guide for Music Therapists EBOOK
Resilience Over Burnout: A Self-Care Guide for Music Therapists is approved by CBMT for 3 CMTE credits.
The eBook comes with an accompanying workbook, which you can complete as a self-study CMTE course.
- Participants will assess areas for professional growth and development and set specific and measurable self-care goals (IV.A.1)
- Participants will recognize and identify actions to manage aspects of one’s own feelings and behaviors that affect the therapeutic process and personal well-being. (II.A.1.f)
- Participants will review current music therapy literature and identify specific burnout risks and self-care practices for music therapists. (IV.A.2)
- Participants will identify self-care practices to support clinical competence and effective working relationships. (IV.B.8)
- Participants will create a personalized self-care action plan to immediately implement.
Prerequisites: None required
Qualifications and credentials:
Ami Kunimura, MA, MT-BC is the founder of The Self-Care Institute and a board-certified music therapist. She is also a writer, speaker, and author of Resilience Over Burnout: A Self-Care Guide for Music Therapists. Ami has been practicing music therapy since 2006, and runs a private practice specializing in mental health and addictions treatment, providing music therapy services to individuals, groups, and treatment centers. Ami holds a Master of Arts in Music Therapy from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College, a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Loyola Marymount University, and currently pursing a PhD in Mind-Body Medicine. Ami has also received certifications in Yoga Education from Yoga Vidya Gurukul in Nasik, India and in first and second degree Reiki from the International Center for Reiki Training.
Course schedule and format:
This is a self-study course that participants will independently complete at their own pace while reading Resilience Over Burnout: A Self-Care Guide for Music Therapists and completing the accompanying workbook.
Number of CMTE’s offered: 3
Course cost: $75 (Includes Resilience Over Burnout eBook + 3 CMTE units)
Cancellation and refund policy:
A full refund will be given to any music therapy professional who purchased a continuing education option, completed the course exercises, and was not satisfied with the experience. To request a refund, email your purchase receipt, reason for refund, and completed course materials to email@example.com. Requests must be sent within 90 days of purchase to qualify for a full refund. Partial refunds or partial CMTE credit cannot be granted.
Statement of relationship to CBMT:
Resilience Over Burnout: A Self-Care Guide for Music Therapists is approved by the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) for 3 credits. The Self-Care Institute (#P-160) maintains responsibility for program quality and adherence to CBMT policies and criteria.
Follow these steps to earn your 3 CMTE credits:
- Purchase and read Resilience Over Burnout, and complete the workbook portion of the eBook.
- Complete the course evaluation form by clicking here.
- Email page 78 of the eBook to firstname.lastname@example.org
A certificate of completion will be emailed to you within 30 days of submission of these materials.
Email email@example.com with any questions.